Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Make Me a Match

Find me a find,
Catch me a catch,
Matchmaker matchmaker
Look through your book
and make me a perfect match!

Aahhh...public sociology. Helping people find love, and not just any love...your soul mate.

I joke, but this is some public sociology by Professor Pepper Schwartz. She has developed a personality matching quiz that helps people determine their compatability and thus increasing their chances at love.* An aside, as an undergrad I saw her referenced in a magazine article on sex and relationships. I also had some awesome professors as an undergraduate, so I thought there were many interesting sociologists. I won't give her credit for me going into sociology, but she didn't hurt, either. It was nice to know there was vast array of topics available for study in sociology.

Can sociology help people find their best mate, if the stars don't do it for them? Ohhhhh the power.

*I wonder if she can statistically measure the correlation between love and making matches on her plan relative to the general dating population.

12 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

does this mean we get to post lonely hearts ads here?????????????? Wanted: Durkheim fan for late night debates???

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Drek said...

I dunno, Durkheimians are soooo into ritual.

Maybe a Simmelian instead for the relationship-affirming joy of conflict?

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I'm sure personal ads would make this site much more popular.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lonely male seeks female with well endowed 401K for late night hedging sessions and intimate discussions of economic theory - no Marxists need respond - oops, this is a Sociology forum, sorry

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Wait, so does this mean that I can be a famous sociologist and find a husband? Who needs Weber for inspiration when you have Pepper Schwarz? I love it.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger alena said...

Nice Blog!!! It looks like you've spent a fair amount of time setting it up and keeping the content fresh. I'll be sure to come back.

I have a online dating blog. It pretty much covers asian dating site related stuff.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger kalisekj said...

This is a excellent blog. Keep it going.

This may be of interest to you I have a free online dating service. It pretty much covers dating stuff.

I'll be sure to come back.

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Baller said...

Very nice blog, hard to come by these days,

If you have a chance, can you visit my friends Dating Ideas site


Thanks

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Online Incomes said...

Hey I just love your blog. I also have a american idol single
blog/site. I mostly deals with american idol single
Please come and check it out if you get the time!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger stony said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a russian women brides site/blog. It pretty much covers russian women brides related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Drunk Glory Hole said...

click for dating game sim

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger milfcritic said...

christian dating service

 

Post a Comment

<< Home