Something to post for fun? Sure, I'll play (after some technical difficulties with Mozilla). Brayden passed on this musical baton, which I accept in the spirit of TGIF.
Total volume of music on my computer: Right now, 15.82GB. Some CD's still aren't in the library, but my most precious albums are of course. Like Tina, I'm kind of surprised I have more than the AZ boys. In all fairness, some of this music is the likes of Tom Waits and The Bottle Rockets. These are not mine, but T and I share iTunes.
Last CD I bought: Aimee Mann, The Forgotten Arm (a couple weeks after T gave me Kathleen Edwards, Back to Me: so awesome it's worth mentioning here).The Forgotten Arm is a story. Classic Aimee.
Song playing right now: "You've Had It With You," Paul Westerberg (iTunes shuffle selection)
Five Songs I Listen to A Lot, Or That Mean A Lot To Me: This is going to be a mix of most listened to music and my therapy.
1. "Rowing Song," Patty Griffin, Impossible Dreamers. We just saw her in St. Louis in April at The Pageant--an amazing venue--at the opening show of her current tour. She's so tiny and has this huge voice. I want to be Patty's friend. We'd have great conversations.sigh.
2. "Good Things," Kathleen Edwards, Back To Me.
3. "We are Nowhere and it's Now," Bright Eyes, I'm Wide Awake It's Morning. Because we are nowhere and it's now, sometimes.
4. "Bring the Funk," Ben Harper, Diamonds on the Inside. Because Ben Harper is hot, and because sometimes we need to get out from the desk and dance.
5. "If You Knew," Neko Case, The Tigers Have Spoken. Neko is coming to Champaign in June and we're definitely going!
Five People to whom I'm passing the baton:
All from Prairie.